Register to be a reception assistant volunteer
Reception assistants support the festival by working at volunteer and site office receptions, both located on Level 2, Theo Notaras Multicultural Centre.
Reception assistants are often the first contact point for volunteers and event staff moving through festival reception.
We are looking for helpful and organised people for these roles.
The role is indoor, air-conditioned and mostly seated.
It will require you to interact with people and support them in their roles.
- Report to the volunteer reception manager
- Staff the reception on Level 2, Theo Notaras Multicultural Centre
- Welcome all incoming volunteers and visitors
- Assist with volunteer sign in and out
- Assist with managing the volunteer roster
- Issue volunteers with t-shirts, hats and meal vouchers
- Issue radios to event staff, contractors, and specified volunteers
- Log calls from the general phone line
- Assist with lost property
- Direct event staff and relevant stakeholders to key festival locations
- Set up the desk each morning and tidy the desk in the evening