About the National Multicultural Festival in Canberra
Welcome to the National Multicultural Festival, the ultimate celebration of cultural diversity in Canberra! Our annual event is a must-visit in Australia's capital, where you can immerse yourself in the rich tapestry of multicultural communities. Discover diverse cuisines, captivating performances, and much more that showcase the beauty of unity in diversity.
Our journey began in the 1980s when a passionate community decided to shine a spotlight on culture and diversity. Today, this 3-day extravaganza thrives, thanks to the support of Canberra’s multicultural communities, our dedicated festival volunteers and ACT Community Services Directorate.
We aim to create a world-class National Multicultural Festival that enriches the lives of Canberrans and welcomes visitors to our vibrant city.
- We are committed to preserving and promoting multicultural traditions and celebrations, ensuring they remain a relevant and vital part of our society.
- We provide a unique platform for Canberra's diverse multicultural communities to proudly showcase, celebrate, and share their unique cultures and customs with a national audience.
- Our immersive festival experience allows people from all over Australia to immerse themselves in these rich customs and practices.
Our Core Values
- Community: We aim to bring together multicultural communities, audiences, and stakeholders to share our cultures, celebrate diversity, and create a more inclusive and harmonious community.
- Traditions and Customs: We are passionate about showcasing and preserving the heritage, culture, and customs of diverse communities, helping keep culture and traditions vibrant and relevant.
- Inclusion: Inclusivity is at the heart of what we do, encouraging participation and harmony among all.
- The Spirit of the Festival: We are here to create a sense of 'Festival,' an event filled with passion, joy, and the spirit of celebration, instilling a sense of pride and community in everyone involved.
- Professionalism: We are founded on the principles of best practice and good governance. We value strong relationships, open, transparent communication with our stakeholders and the community, and conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity, in accordance with the ACTPS Values.