Register to be a precinct support volunteer
Precinct support volunteers work with precinct managers to oversee allocated areas within the festival.
- act as a point of contact for any issues in your precinct
- help manage the volunteers assigned to your precinct
- support your precinct manager as needed.
We are looking observant and responsible people to be the ‘eyes and ears’ of the festival site.
If you like to be front and centre for all the event action, this is the role for you!
This is an outdoor role that requires you to move around the festival site for the duration of your shift and be able to respond quickly if required.
It will require you to interact with people and support them in their roles. In some precincts of the festival, it will be busy and loud.
- Oversee crowd and stall activity in your allocated precinct of the festival
- Be a point of contact for other volunteers operating in your precinct
- Be an escalation point in your precinct, in case something happens, and assist with incidents as directed by your precinct manager
- Monitor your precinct and report to your precinct manager if you have concerns or are contacted about
- crowd numbers or behaviour
- cleanliness of toilets or rubbish bins
- stallholder activity, including behaviour and complaints
- the visibility and stability of signage
- Be familiar with the Festival Emergency Management Handbook