National Multicultural Festival grants
Looking to bring your creative festival ideas to life? National Multicultural Festival grants are here to support community participation and celebrate cultural diversity at the festival each year.
Our grant applications for 2024 were open from 12 pm on 5 July 2024 and closed at 3 pm on 8 August 2024. This year, we received an unprecedented number of grant applications, and we extend our gratitude to all who expressed their interest.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get info about 2025 opportunities.
The selection process for the 2024 grants is underway, and we'll be notifying successful applicants via email in November 2023. Stay tuned for updates!
Explore the possibilities
These grants are dedicated to projects delivered right at the heart of the festival. It's all about projects taking place on the festival site from 16 to 18 February 2024. We've set aside $200,000 to make it happen, allocated across four exciting categories:
- Community Performance: From captivating stage performances to sizzling cooking demonstrations and lively parade participation, you can apply for grants of up to $2,500.
- Stall Activity or Decoration: Elevate your stall's appeal with professional printing, cultural fabrics, games, crafts, or unique ornamentation, with grants available up to $1,000.
- Community Workshop: Enrich the festival with arts and crafts, traditional music, language lessons, and other cultural learning activities. Your workshop could be featured in the festival's main program, with grants up to $2,500.
- Cultural Showcase: If you're planning a culturally or thematically linked performance on a festival stage, this category is for you. Grants of up to $10,000 can be used for professional performer fees and eye-catching decorations.
Are you eligible for these grants? The good news is that grants are open to individuals, community groups, organisations, and collaborative efforts. However, for grants over $1,000, certain criteria apply:
- You should be part of an incorporated organisation.
- You should be affiliated with a registered charity or not-for-profit.
- Or, you can be auspiced (supported) by an incorporated organisation.
If you're curious to learn more about the specific categories and guidelines, you can find additional information in our 2024 National Multicultural Festival Grant Guidelines.